Gaelic Thoroughbreds 2019
Gaelic Thoroughbreds, in association with Ger Lyons, are delighted to announce details of our new offering for the 2019 flat season.
This year we are once again focusing on 2 year olds and have selected two colts and two fillies.
TWO YEAR OLDS FOR 2019
Click on the photos below to find out more about each Gaelic Thoroughbred horse in training with Ger.
Dawn Approach (IRE) ex Yin (GB)
This Dawn Approach colt was bought at this year's Doncaster Premier Yearling sale. We feel that this sire has the potential to become a well-regarded stallion and has produced his first top class horse this year in Madhmoon (Kevin Prendergast's 2000 Guineas hope). The dam herself is out of the timeless Dansili and his family includes plenty of black-type performers.
Tamayuz (GB) ex Dharwa (GB)
This handsome, athletic colt by Tamayuz was chosen by Ger at this year’s Tattersalls Ireland yearling sale. His sire had a really solid season on the track once again this year and consistently throws talented performers. Out of an Equiano mare, there is plenty of speed on the damside including Abbaye winner Move In Time and group sprinter Tropical Star.
Fastnet Rock (AUS) ex Celestial Bow (IRE)
This gorgeous, strong filly is by the elite stallion Fastnet Rock and out of a Ravens Pass mare. The dam's first foal by Camelot won as a two year old this year and is highly regarded by the Clive Cox team. This filly has a lovely page and her 2nd dam is the dam of a classic winner in the very talented Elusive Wave. She was bought at this years Tattersalls Book 1 sale and therefore qualifies for a £25k Book 1 bonus should she win her 2 year old maiden.
Ravens Pass (USA) ex Seaworthy (IRE)
Bought as a foal from renowned producer Airlie Stud, this athletic filly is the first foal out of a Sea The Stars mare. Ravens Pass has consistently shown up as an underrated sire and the filly herself is very well-related to some speedy types including Tracey Collins' star mare Majestic Queen who topped the London Sale when sold to Godolphin and Muthmir, the evergreen group sprinter for William Haggas.
- A one off upfront payment that includes absolutely everything from purchase price to training fees to race day expenses (NO hidden extras)
- The yearlings will be trained until the end of the 2019 season at which point a decision will be made as to what is best for the horse, as advised by the trainer
- Dividend will be paid in December 2019 which will include a share of all prize money and sales returns for the year
- There are 12 shares being offered at €30,000 with no restrictions on the number of shares any one person can own
- Horses are NOT insured by Gaelic Thoroughbreds
- Stable visits are arranged and encouraged
- All horses have been bought either by Ger Lyons or Gaelic Bloodstock
- All prices are inclusive of VAT
- Regular updates are sent via email, Whatsapp etc.
- Pedigrees are attached
- In conjunction with Sightsavers Ireland, we automatically donate 5% of all prize money earned to the charity
- TO REGISTER YOUR INTEREST OR IF WE CAN ANSWER ANY QUERIES YOU MAY HAVE PLEASE CONTACT: