,Gaelic Thoroughbreds 2018
Gaelic Thoroughbreds, in association with Ger Lyons Racing, are delighted to announce details of our new offering for the 2018 flat season.
This year we are focusing solely on 2 year olds and bought the three colts and one filly outlined below as yearlings in the Autumn of 2017.
HOLY ROMAN EMPEROR (IRE) EX LAgOA (IRE)
A sharp looking grey colt by Holy Roman Emperor, this is the first foal out of a winning Dark Angel mare and comes from the farm that produced Ger's good 2yo this year Lethal Steps.
Dark Angel himself is getting a good reputation as a broodmare sire along as being recognised as an elite sire. His 3rd dam was placed in the Irish 1000 Guineas and is dam of a still active talented family with plenty of 2yo influences.
KODIAC filly (Gb) ex Alizaya (Ire)
Lovely strong Kodiak filly that traces back to generations of a highly successful Aga Khan family including Alandi, Aliysa and of course Alamshar (Irish Derby winner and joint champion European 3yo).
The dam herself was unraced but has already produced 4 winners from 4 runners to have hit the track and all have shown a decent level of ability. Kodiac is a lot sharper influence than the mare has been to thus far and he himself has just broken all 2yo records this season.
Morpheus (GB) ex Gatamalata (Ire)
Strong good, looking colt from first crop of Morpheus, a brother to Frankel. The dam herself was a talented listed place 2yo for Joe Murphy in Ireland.
Overall there are plenty of hard knocking horses on the page and it will be interesting to see how the sires horses perform.
Lethal Force (Ire) ex Emperors Pearl (Ire)
Handsome first foal from a well related Holy Roman Emperor mare who has since got a blacktype update on the page with Special Purpose getting 2yo group placing.
The page overall is chock full of 2yo influences whilst the sire has been lucky for Ger this year with two stakes placed horses in Lethal Steps and Would Be King, both Irish 2000 Guineas entries.
- A one off, upfront payment that includes absolutely everything from purchase price to training fees to race day expenses (NO hidden extras)
- The yearlings will be trained until 2018, the end of their 2 year old career, where upon they will go to the HIT sales
- Dividend will be paid in December 2018 which will include a share of all prize money for the year plus sales return
- There are 12 shares of e28,000 (£25000stg) being offered on a first come, first served basis with no restrictions on the amount of shares any one person can hold
- Horses are not insured by Gaelic Thoroughbreds
- Stable visits are arranged
- There will be a 5% charge on the sale of all horses
- All horses have been bought either by Ger Lyons or Gaelic Bloodstock
- Pedigrees are attached
- If a private offer is made for any of our horses prior to the sales, horses will be sold only if we feel it is beneficial to all stakeholders
- All prices are inclusive of VAT
- Progress reports will be sent regularly by email and social media
- Would Be King – 102 rated 2yo, listed and group placed
- Celebration – now 101 rated after successful campaign including 2 wins
- The Kid Bobby B – exciting 2yo maiden winner by Nathaniel
- Silk Cravat – a winner on the beach!
- Il Piccolo Grande – recent impressive winner
To register an interest or if we can answer any queries then please contact:
Philip Burns on +44 7962027505 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Office on +353 469025666 or at email@example.com