Gaelic Bloodstock is proud to announce the launch of Gaelic Thoroughbreds.
- 6 Horses - 3 Yearlings, 3 Three Year Olds
- 2 Dividends
- 1 Fee
Gaelic Thoroughbreds is a new and exciting racehorse ownership experience that aims to bring together like-minded people wanting to compete at a high level with quality operations. Ger Lyons has kindly agreed to train our first handpicked batch of horses which hopefully can be the start of something special.
NATHANIEL (IRE) EX LANGS LASH (IRE)
This handsome colt's dam was the winner of the 2008 Queen Mary at Royal Ascot. Her first foal was Waipu Cove who Ger trained to be a Listed winning 2yo. He also won at the Galway Festival and finished the season rated 103 and is now plying his trade in Hong Kong.
This is her second foal and comes from this season's first season sire Nathaniel who was a King George winner and whose first 3yos are due to hit the track next year. As a 3yo himself he improved massively so his progeny can be expected to progress. This colt would be a slightly more forward yearling coming from the Goffs UK (Doncaster) Premier Sale. Further down his page is the French 1000 Guineas winner Elusive Wave. Plus 10 elegible.
MAXIOS (GB) EX SECRETS (GB)
Purchased from this years Goffs Orby Sale this is a big strong son of multiple group one winning Maxios, he himself a son of famed black type producing stallion Monsun.
The dam currently has had 2 runners and 2 winners and the 2nd dam had 10 winners from 10 runners including black type performers. There has been a bit of buzz around Maxios as a first season sire and hopefully this colt fits the bill.
LETHAL FORCE (IRE) EX SMART COCO (USA)
Also purchased from this years Goffs Orby Sale this is a nice athletic son of first season sire Lethal Force who is the best son by 6lbs of sire sensation Dark Angel. An exciting fast young sire who was the Champion Older Sprinter in Europe and whose group 1 wins include the Diamond Jubilee at Royal Ascot and the Darley July Cup at Newmarket.
The dam is out of a Smarty Jones mare who has had 2 winners from 2 runners thus far both having shown nice turns of foot. His 3rd dam was Sayyedati the great champion 3yo filly and champion older mare of Europe. Smarty Jones himself was a high class Kentucky Derby winner. Plus 10 eligible.
A tough hardy son of Equiano, a sire who Ger is so fond of, this is another recent purchase from the Horses In Training Sale. Has a lovely shape to him and plenty of scope to fill out into a proper sprinter. He recorded some very good speed figures this year and ran very well on his last start at Ascot against seasoned sprinters.
Would be a natural for the 5f Rockingham Premier Handicap on Irish Derby day and would also be the type for Glorious Goodwood having run so well there this year in a tough handicap.
SILK CRAVAT (GB)
This lightly raced 3yo maiden is an exciting purchase from the recent Tattersalls Autumn Horses In Training Sale. He is a big, strong, gorgeous looking chestnut who can only improve with age. Currently rated 84, he is an ideal type to win his Irish maiden before going on to tackle some of the big money handicaps at the likes of the Curragh next season with hopefully a few lbs in hand with natural improvement. Can run from anywhere from 6f to 1m so should be versatile.
All his runs have worked out extremely well with his maiden won by a horse currently rated 115 and the twice he finished runner up the winner is now rated 97.
IL PICCOLO GRANDE (IRE)
Another fine looking chestnut colt this is our 3rd purchase from the recent HIT Sale. He is a bit of a dark horse in that he has plenty of unseen potential. A lightly raced 3yo we would expect him to improve from moving out of the hustle and bustle of Newmarket to a more relaxed environment at Glenburnie.
He will be gelded in next couple of weeks and given time to relax, enjoy life and mature into what can hopefully be a productive season.
- One-off, up front payment that includes absolutely everything from training fees to vet bills to raceday expenses.
- The yearlings will be trained until the end of their 3yo career (2018) whereupon they will go to the sales.
- The three year olds are trained until the end of their 4yo career (2017) whereupon they will return to the sales.
- Two dividends, end of November 2017 includes all share of prize money and sales returns for the year and end of November 2018 includes all share of prize money for the year plus sales returns.
- There are 12 shares of €55,000 being offered. First come, first served. There are no restrictions to the amount of shares any one person can hold.
- Horses are NOT insured
- Stable visits will be organised and participants are encouraged to enjoy being involved with the stable.
- There will a 5% charge on the sale of all horses.
- All horses have been bought by either Ger Lyons or Gaelic Bloodstock.
- Pictures and Pedigrees are attached.
- If a private offer is made for any of our horses before they are due to go to sales the horse will be sold ONLY if we feel it is beneficial to all our members.
- Please contact David Spratt on +353 86 8861714 email@example.com or Eleanor Dunne in the office on +353 46 9025666 firstname.lastname@example.org to register an interest or if there are any other queries we can help you with.
- VAT is included in the price
- Regular email progress reports will be provided